Australia’s best loved whisky subscription service Whisky Loot is partnering with iconic distillers, Buffalo Trace, to launch a series of Limited Edition Antique Collections.
The Antique Collections have been designed to showcase the best of the best in American Bourbon and Rye. Masterfully crafted and carefully aged these juices display all that Kentucky whiskey has to offer. So celebrate in style with these top American whiskies picked by the resident experts at Whisky Loot.
Each pack within the Antique Collection Limited Edition range includes two classic Buffalo Trace Bourbons, as well as a unique hero dram specific to each pack:
● Eagle Rare 17 Year Old – this Bourbon certainly lives up to its esteemed lineage and is one of the very few Bourbons on the market right now that has a lengthy age statement. The fragrant aroma has almost a wine-like character with hints of almond, cigar boxes and cinnamon. The delicate and dry mid-palate tastes of leather, vanilla and tobacco. This Bourbon lingers, finishing with a hint of leather and toffee.
● George T. Stagg – George T. Stagg built the most dominant American distillery of the 19th century, during a time known as the Gilded Age of Bourbon. Uncut and unfiltered, this robust Bourbon whiskey ages for nearly a decade and boasts the bold character that is reminiscent of the man himself. Lush toffee sweetness and dark chocolate with hints of vanilla, fudge, nougat and molasses. Underlying notes of dates, tobacco, dark berries, spearmint and a hint of coffee round out the palate.
Limited Edition Antique Collection Pack #1 Hero Dram:
● Sazerac Rye 18 Year Old – A remarkably old Kentucky Straight Rye, this bottling is the premium version of Buffalo Trace’s beloved “Baby Saz” bottling. This expression is made using the distillery’s rye mash bill and the whiskey has been aged for 18 years and 4 months in new American oak. Very mature, with notes of oak, leather, molasses and allspice. The long, warm finish is preceded by notes of mint, eucalyptus, cinnamon, vanilla, and lingering pepper. A world-beating rye whiskey.
Limited Edition Antique Collection Pack #2 Hero Dram:
● William Larue Weller Antique – A wheated Bourbon with a full-bodied flavour and a balanced palate. Old Weller Antique is bottled at 107 proof, offering a complex taste and bold finish. It’s certainly a recognisable member of the Weller label, with its own unique characteristics to complement the high proof. Sweet and unusual floral notes and coupled with vanilla. The taste is very well balanced with sweet fruit notes, strong vanilla undertone and sharp spicy tones, with a cinnamon finish.
Limited Edition Antique Collection Pack #3 Hero Dram:
● Thomas H. Handy Sazerac – Named after the New Orleans bartender who first used rye whiskey in the Sazerac Cocktail, this uncut and unfiltered Straight Rye Whiskey is bottled directly from the barrel, just as it was over a century ago. Full of rich flavours, this authentic American rye whiskey is a symbol of the timeless history of New Orleans and the legacy of Thomas H. Handy. Powerful, lush, and boldly spicy. Flavours of toffee, fig cake, and candied fruit, followed by mint, cinnamon and clove. The finish ultimately reveals subtle notes of allspice, coconut and nutmeg. Long and warm.
Discover the Limited Edition Antique Collection at whiskyloot.com.
Launching online at whiskyloot.com July 2021
Limited Edition Antique Collection Pack #1 RRP $309
Limited Edition Antique Collection Pack #2 RRP $269
Limited Edition Antique Collection Pack #3 RRP $ 229