TheFork, a leading global online restaurant reservation platform, launches 2020 Dished Up – an inaugural wrap-up of the most sought-after restaurants for 2020, according to Australian diners.
Taking into consideration the opinion and dining behaviour of thousands of Australian diners who have booked restaurants through TheFork this year, the curated list showcases the top 100 most booked and highly rated restaurants in the country.
2020 Dished Up recognises the hard work and resilience of restaurants in what has been one of the toughest years for the hospitality industry. Throughout this challenging year, diners have continued to frequent restaurants with gusto once they’ve been able to, showing their support in line with restrictions and social distancing laws across the country.
The 2020 Dished Up list aims to shine a light on Australia’s vibrant dining industry, and encourage Australians to continue to get out and support restaurants as we come into the Christmas season – typically one of the busiest times for Australian dining.
- “In the months following restrictions lifting, we saw 94% of our restaurant partners turn their booking availability back on and 23% of Australians dined out within the first month of restrictions easing,” said Gary Burrows, Country Manager, TheFork Australia. “We hope that 2020 Dished Up shows restaurants what an important part of Australian culture they are, and encourages diners to continue to make a booking, show up and celebrate over the summer.”
- TheFork drills down further into how we’re eating and searching for restaurants, dishing up diners’ favourite restaurants from the top searched cuisines, such as Italian, Japanese and Indian. The list also includes the most popular fine dining, best cheap eats, ones to watch, TheFork’s top INSIDER restaurants for each state, and a “hall of fame” award to honour a long-standing Australian restaurant.
- This year has seen TheFork continually evolve, finding alternative solutions to support the hospitality industry and encourage diners to support restaurants. Since March, TheFork has created several new search functions, offered relief packages and used restaurant and diner data to help the industry during such an unstable time.
- Being inducted into the Hall of Fame is Ripples Chowder Bay, which has amassed more than 2,500 reservations on TheFork this year.
- Top 10 sought-after restaurants in Australia:
- • Vizio Caffe e Cucina, Woolloomooloo (NSW)
- • Contact Bar & Kitchen, Woolloomooloo (NSW)
- • The Meat and Wine Co, Barangaroo (NSW)
- • Ripples Chowder Bay, Mosman (NSW)
- • Aqua Dining, Milsons Point (NSW)
- • Balcon by Tapavino, Sydney (NSW)
- • Eastside Bar + Grill, Chippendale (NSW)
- • Gavroche Chippendale, Chippendale (NSW)
- • Butcher and the Farmer, Forest Lodge (NSW)
- • Via Alta, North Willoughby (NSW)
- The full 2020 Dished Up list can be found here.