A rooftop gala event, all-inclusive food and drink packages, canapes with bubbly, and more!
Brisbane locals can join in on all the Melbourne Cup carnival celebrations this year, with events kicking off in pubs across the city on Tuesday 1st November. From all-inclusive food and drink lunch packages to rooftop galas and afternoons filled with canapes and bubbly, there’ll be something for everyone.
Bonny View Hotel
2077 Gympie Road, Bald Hills
- Bonny View Hotel is celebrating Cup Day by offering roving canapes, a beverage on arrival, and all the racing action live and loud on the Sports Bar big screens. 11.30am – 2pm, $49pp, bookings essential.
446 Lutwyche Road, Lutwyche
- Crown Hotel has organised an afternoon of indulgence, with a 3-hour all inclusive package, including canapes, fresh oyster bar and gelato cart from 12pm. $89pp, bookings essential.
- The pub will be showing the race across all its spaces, with live music, sweepstakes and games throughout the day.
- A limited a la carte menu will also be available.
Everton Park Hotel
101 Flockton Street, Everton Park
- Everton Park locals can enjoy an all-inclusive Cup Day package from 12:30pm – 2pm, which includes a standard beverage package and roving canapes. $69pp, bookings essential.
- Diners will also be able to watch the race on the big screen in Everton Park Hotel’s beautiful open air CC’s Bar, and take part in sweeps, prizes for best dressed, onsite TAB facilities and live music post-race to keep the good times flowing.
543 Coronation Drive, Toowong
- Regatta Hotel will be celebrating Melbourne Cup with two events. Well, three events, but The Boatshed has already sold out!
- On a cherry blossom-filled Level 1, guests will be greeted with a divine Roku Gin cocktail. They will then enjoy 3 hours of a premium beverage featuring basic spirits, wine and beer as well as roaming canapes and a food station from 12-3pm. Tickets are 150pp and include access to the whole of Level 1 which will include multiple bars, a DJ, stunning views of the Brisbane River as well as TVs throughout. Bookings essential.
- Level 2 will be an extravaganza, with the new Glenolive function space and heritage verandah opening for an exclusive event. Guests will indulge in a 3-hour deluxe beverage package featuring Moet, Chandon, cocktails and premium spirits. There will also be Boatshed inspired canapes, hors d’ouvres and pop-up food station and musician. Guests of the Level 2 event are welcome to enjoy all areas of the Regatta (except The Boatshed) but there will be VIP TAB facilities. 12-3pm, $250pp. Bookings essential.
841 Moggill Road, Kenmore
- Those visiting The Kenmore will have a choice between a 3-hour all-inclusive Canape and Beverage Package from 12pm, which includes roaming canapes and beverages in the courtyard ($80pp), and the 3-hour all-inclusive Banquet and Beverage Package from 12pm, featuring a shared-style banquet and beverages in the restaurant ($100pp). Tickets are limited and bookings essential.
- There will also be fashions on the fields, sweepstakes, and of course, the action live and loud!
668 Toohey Road, Salisbury
- Salisbury Hotel is serving up a 2-course lunch from 12pm, which includes a 2-hour all-inclusive drinks package of tap beer and wine for $90pp. They’ll also have sweeps, prizes for best dressed, TAB facilities, and a jam packed lineup of entertainment. Bookings essential.
Cleveland Sands Hotel
Bloomfield St & Middle St, Cleveland
- Cleveland Sands Hotel is hosting a deluxe 3-course luncheon on Melbourne Cup Day from 12pm. Tickets are $75pp and include a drink on arrival prizes, giveaways, live music and more. Bookings essential.
123 Eagle Street, Brisbane
- Riverside is throwing the ultimate Cup Day party, hosted by Kip Wightman. Riverside is offering a premium, all-inclusive package, featuring a 2-course share style meal and 3 hours of beverages, including spirits, wine and tap beers. 12pm – 3pm. $150pp early bird special (limited tickets) and $175pp final release tickets. Bookings essential.
- Guests can catch all the racing action live throughout the venue, plus sweeps, fashions around the tree, the annual fashions on the field competition and live music.
137 Boundary St, West End
- The Boundary is saddling up for Melbourne Cup, hosting a rooftop Gala event from 12pm, which includes a 3-hour all-inclusive premium canape and beverage package for $169pp.
- Brisbane locals can also indulge in a 3-course family style luncheon from 12pm, including canapes on arrival and 3-hour all inclusive premium package for $200pp. Minimum 10 people per booking.
- The day will be full of fashion, live music, delicious food and cocktails, lucky door prizes, TAB facilities and of course the race that stops a nation.