Exceptional food, champagne and long lunching with great company.
In a season where celebration is needed more than ever, Merivale has Melbourne Cup covered, with a host of long lunches planned across their exceptional portfolio of restaurants, bars and pubs.
Whether it’s dressing to the nines for an elegant banquet or al fresco dining for lunch in the sun, Merivale has a package to suit. All venues will be offering table service in line with COVID safety guidelines. Spaces are limited, tickets on sale now.
● Mr.Wong, $250pp – This inner-city icon is serving up Melbourne Cup lunch, Cantonese style. Rock your race day best and head to the hatted Cantonese restaurant for a Melbourne Cup lunch your taste buds won’t soon forget. Receive a glass of 2012 Veuve Clicquot or Kirin on arrival, followed by an elaborate shared banquet created by star chef, Dan Hong.
● ivy Pool Club, $2.5k min spend – Escape the outside world and celebrate Cup Day in style at ivy’s iconic rooftop pool, with a new menu curated by Uccello chef, Nigel Ward. Indulge in a Mediterranean-style spread, including stunning antipasti, salads and pizzas, alongside a beautifully crafted drinks menu. Full table service means full relaxation, so guests can sit back and relax in style. $2,500 minimum spend (up to 10 guests) applies.
● Bert’s, $250pp – Spend an extra special Melbourne Cup with champagne in hand on Sydney’s Northern Beaches. You’ll be greeted with a glass of 2010 Dom Pérignon or Kirin on arrival, followed by an exclusive Cup Day menu curated by executive chef, Jordan Toft. Arrive hungry, settle in, and take in the view.
● The Newport Outside Courtyard, $160pp – Soak up the sunshine in the outside courtyard for an unforgettable Melbourne Cup Day long lunch and drinks. There’s a big screen to catch all the race day action, as you spend a perfect afternoon looking out over Pittwater. The drinks package includes NV Chandon, Furphy and a selection of wine. Plus, drinks will be available from the bar when the package ends.
● Queen Chow Manly, $195pp – Make your way to Manly Wharf for a Cantonese feast with a side of sea breeze. Settle in for a Cantonese-style lavish day of feasting with a cocktail on arrival followed by a tasty banquet featuring all your favourites and a matching drinks package. Tuck into delicious dim sum, sit back, relax, and raise a glass with friends as you take in the water views.
● Fred’s, $250pp – Looking for a farm-to-table feast in elegant surrounds? Fred’s two-hatted kitchen in Paddington ticks all the right boxes. Diners will receive a glass of 2010 Dom Pérignon or Kirin on arrival, followed by a seasonal Melbourne Cup lunch designed by head chef, Danielle Alvarez. With a warm and welcoming vibe, Fred’s is a sophisticated spot, perfect for a long, leisurely lunch with friends.
● The Paddington, $180pp – Make your way to Paddington on Melbourne Cup day to enjoy a long lunch with friends in one of the suburb’s most beloved establishments. Guests can enjoy a delicious banquet-style menu, plus drinks from arrival to the race. The Paddington’s relaxed atmosphere is ideal for people looking to enjoy Melbourne Cup day in a sophisticated environment with the drinks package including NV Chandon, Furphy plus a selection of wines.
● Ms.G’s, $170pp – Melbourne Cup and Ms.G’s go together like cheeseburgers and spring rolls (if you haven’t tried one of these, now’s your chance). This is the perfect place for fun food and a vibrant atmosphere. Guests can enjoy a shared banquet menu created by Dan Hong and a top-notch beverage package from arrival to finish.
● The Beresford Bistro, $120pp – This Surry Hills favourite is a sure bet for good times, good food and al fresco vibes. Guests can enjoy a glass of NV Veuve Clicquot or Furphy on arrival, followed by a three-course, sit-down banquet in the sunny, light-filled bistro.
● The Beresford Courtyard, $120pp – This iconic Surry Hills beer garden is the perfect spot to enjoy a sunny Melbourne Cup Day afternoon, al fresco style. Guests can enjoy a three-course banquet and a glass of NV Veuve Clicquot or Furphy on arrival while catching the race on the big screen as they unwind with friends.
● Queen Chow Enmore, $140pp – Escape the city and head on over to Enmore for an unforgettable Melbourne Cup lunch at Queen Chow. Enjoy a delicious Cantonese banquet, along with a glass of NV Veuve Clicquot or Furphy on arrival.
For those looking to place a bet, Merivale encourages patrons to download the TAB app to stay ahead of the game.
For the full list of what’s on at Merivale this Melbourne Cup, booking details and menus, visit https://melbournecupday.merivale.com/venues/ or call 02 9240 3000.
Merivale has also put into place a number of measures to ensure all venues are COVID safe including: A maximum of 10 people per group, hand sanitiser provided, masks are discretionary, guests must download the Service NSW app for entry, Merivale operates in line with all NSW government restrictions, all guests are required to remain seated at all times, bar packages are seated, beverage packages start at midday and cease at the start of the race. For more information visit Merivale’s COVID-safe page.