AVC’s Hand Picked menus with hot, heat-at-home and Footy Feed options.
While the end of lockdown might be nearing, saying ‘I miss the pub’ has never felt more genuine. To satisfy demand for great pub food and refreshments as you eagerly wait, Australian Venue Co. has launched its delivery service ‘Hand Picked’, which brings together 30 of Melbourne’s best pubs, restaurants and bars – all available from one amazing menu.
What better way to count down the days until pub doors open for summer than getting a taste of pub life at home? There are two menu options: Hand Picked Fan Favourites – best-selling dishes and drinks that are hot and ready to eat, delivered daily; and Hand Picked at Home – family-style feasts to heat-at-home, delivered weekly. Plus, there’s The Ultimate Footy Feed, available every weekend throughout the finals.
Hand Picked Fan Favourites
Led by Executive Chef Christian Abbott, Fan Favourites is a selection created by you! The menu features dishes from the likes of Middle Park Hotel in Albert Park, Station Hotel in Footscray, and The Duke of Wellington in the CBD to name a few; matched with an equally delectable drinks selection from the cocktail masters at State of Grace and Trinket, craft beers from Beer DeLuxe, a DIY Spritz pack from The Smith in Prahran and so much more.
The menu offers great-value favourites including starters, mains & share-style mains, burgers & sangas, pizzas & salads and desserts.
Featured menu items:
- Imperial Bourke Street Parma: Hand-crumbed Parma, Napoli, mozzarella, shaved ham, skin on fries. From Imperial Bourke St, home of sport! $18
- Hopscotch Cheeseburger Spring Rolls: Burger sauce, pickles. From Southbank institution Hopscotch, these spring rolls are so popular they’ve never come off the menu! $12
- Fargo Dirty Birdie Fried Chicken Burger: Milk bun, burger sauce, pickles, cheese, cos, tomato. From Fargo & Co in Richmond, $15
- Plus something for your Doggo – Puppy Parma: Mini chicken schnitzel, doggy treats. From The Newmarket Hotel in St Kilda, $8
- DIY Spritz Box from The Smith:8 serves of spritz, $60
Hand Picked Fan Favourites orders are placed on AVC’s Click & Deliver site and delivered hot and ready-to-eat 7 days a week from 5–9pm for just $5. The delivery area covers all suburbs within a 7km radius of the Imperial Bourke Street and pick up from the Imperial is available.
Hand Picked at Home
Led by Executive Chef Telina Menzies, the AVC team of chefs have collaborated on a selection of house-made pies and lasagnas, matched with all the sides you know and love with the Hand Picked at Home menu. They are family-style feasts ready to simply heat and eat. It’s traditional pub food, made for your dining table and perfect for iso nights at home.
Pies: All pies feed 4 pax and come with buttered mash, mushy spring peas, garden salad & more gravy.
- Seafood: Whole king George whiting, mussels, barramundi, Tassie salmon, prawns, lobster, chardonnay white sauce and lots & lots of fresh herbs, $65
- Cow pie: Wagyu cheeks, massive marrow bone, liver, beef shin in a Boatrockers pale ale gravy, $60
- Wild mushroom & truffle: Hand-picked mushroom, end of season Tassie truffle, crème fraîche and port, $45
Lasagnas: All lasagnas feed 2 people and come with Vegemite, herb & confit garlic & cheese pull apart scrolls and Salad (Yarra Valley baby leaf salad, green peas, native dressing)
- Seafood: Squid ink pasta, prime market seafood from Red Coral – barramundi, Tassie salmon, lobster, prawns & scallops – chardonnay white sauce and lots & lots of fresh herbs, $45
- 18-hour Braised wagyu cheek: braised wagyu cheek, Tassie truffle & wild mushroom lasagne, truffle pasta, white truffle & triple cheese sauce, wild mushroom and loads of parmesan, $35
- Eggplant, mushroom & truffle lasagne: Truffle pasta, wild mushroom ragu, charred eggplant, 4-cheese bechamel, $30
- T’s amazing lasagne bread: You heard it right – wagyu braised beef, cheese sauce & loads of parmesan baked onto a milk bread loaf, $18
The Ultimate Footy Feed
Footy finals have not been forgotten! Available from the Hand Picked at Home menu, The Ultimate Footy Feed is exactly what it says it is. Featuring some of the best half time snacks you’ll ever taste, choose 6 snacks for $30pp or 8 snacks for $40pp (min. two persons), all ready-made for you to heat up when the game starts.
A selection of grazer-style footy food snacks:
- Chip & dip, the ultimate French onion dip, crispy onion, S&V vinegar potato crisps
- Parma pinwheels, snitty, sugo, loads of mozzarella, baked in milk bread
- 4&20-inspired Little Aussie wagyu, beef, cheese & bacon pies, pepper berry ketchup
- ‘I miss Bunnings’ tribute sausage rolls, pork sausage, beer onions, ketchup rolled in butter puff with boozy BBQ sauce
- Little boys, vegemite & cheese snags, house-made ketchup
- Lobster mac & cheese bites, Tassie truffle mayo
- Cheeseburger spring rolls, burger sauce, pickles
- Pack of ramen fried chicken nuggets, loads of sauces to dunk
Hand Picked at Home and The Ultimate Footy Feed orders are placed on AVC’s Click & Deliver site and delivered each Friday from 2–5pm for just $5. Orders close each week on Thursdays at 12pm with the opening week orders closing on 1st October. The delivery area covers all suburbs within a 5km radius of The Park, Albert Park.
Hand Picked is a collaboration of AVC’s amazing chefs, venue managers and libation experts. Hand Picked exists with one mission in mind – to bring the best of the pub, right to your lounge room.
A 20% discount for the first weekend is available by entering HANDPICKED at the checkout. Discount available until Sunday, 27th September.