With one month left of the Summer Night Market, Queen Victoria Market is reminding locals and visitors that there is still time to experience Melbourne’s favourite night market before the sun goes down on its spectacular 2022 season on Wednesday 6 April.
Over the next five Wednesdays, Night Market-goers will be treated to the season’s most popular dishes along with a line-up of not-to-be-missed live music and free entertainment.
FOOD & DRINK
Delicious street food and festival-style bars will continue to tantalise taste buds and quench thirsts, serving up cocktails, craft beer and local wine.
• Atiyah: Traditional Lebanese street food including flavoured za’atar, crispy Manakish flatbread and fresh dips made from local produce, all made in a zero-carbon kitchen (available from 15 March).
• George the Fishmonger: Think lobster rolls, popcorn prawns and freshly shucked oysters.
• Lickt Brownies: Loaded brownies with 32 different flavours to choose from like rocky road, apple raspberry crumble, peanut butter, lemon meringue, crème brûlée and many more.
• Lunara Delights: Handmade Turkish delight in flavours like rose, pistachio and blueberry.
• Original Korean Twist Potato: The famous hand cut and stretched potato twist covered in batter and eaten on a skewer. Now with the choice of sweet potato!
• Running Bull Sangria: Spanish-style red and white wine sangria.
• SMASHVILLE: Nashville hot chicken sandwiches, juicy tenders and popcorn cauliflower.
• Taki’s Balls: Greek loukoumades with chocolate, Nutella and salted caramel toppings as well as weekly special flavours.
• That’s Amore Cheese: Pasta tossed in a 40kg Grana Padano wheel.
• The Cypriot Kitchen: Cypriot-style halloumi fries and chicken souvla.
• Summer Night Market Bar: Refreshing beers by Brick Lane Brewing, Coldstream Brewery ciders, a range of PREECE Wines by Mitchelton and mouth quenching cocktails.
LIVE MUSIC & ENTERTAINMENT
Local DJ O Honey will bring the funk, soul and disco vibes to the Market’s Queen Street this Wednesday while Melbourne’s all-female hula hoop group, Hoop Army, will be twisting and twirling to the sounds of Snoop Dogg.
Then, on Wednesday 16 March, step back in time to the roaring 20s with Dan Witton and the Dave Evans Swing Duo or enjoy celebrated violinist XANI and comedy-music duo the Tuck Shop Ladies on Wednesday 23 March.
MELBOURNE’S BEST MAKERS & CREATORS
With hearts and bellies full, it’s time to shop. Wander the open-air sheds and laneways and discover a huge selection of Melbourne’s best independent, makers, creators and artists; browsing everything from clothing and jewellery to homewares, pet treats, plants, books and much more. Then, stop for a tarot reading, decorate yourself with some bespoke henna art or have your caricature drawn.
summernightmarket.com.au | @thenightmarket | @vicmarket | #summernightmarket
FAST FACTS: SUMMER NIGHT MARKET
• When: Every Wednesday night until 6 April | 5:00pm – 10:00pm
• Where: Queen Victoria Market, corner Queen and Therry Street, Melbourne
• Parking: $10 event parking from 4:30pm – 11:00pm
• Price: Free entry and entertainment with food, drinks, and wares available to purchase
• Additional info: The Summer Night Market is a COVID-safe event.