For the first week of February welcome in the new lunar year by celebrating the finest flavours, as Aria pays homage to Chinese New Year. Aria will be offering an exclusive six course Chinese New Year tasting menu curated by Executive Chef Tom Gorringe.
Price: $248 per person
Available: Wednesday 2nd – Saturday 5th February
The menu includes:
- Flinders island scallops, queen garnet plum, miso
- Aquna murray cod, xo, eggplant, green garlic
- Peking duck consommé, abalone, shiitake
- Grass fed angus beef fillet, ox tail, silverbeet, bone marrow
- Valencia orange, lemon balm, passionfruit
- Raspberry, white chocolate, lychee
More information can be found here.
Available for one weekend, Providoor is bringing back its limited edition Lunar New Year dumpling boxes. Combining some of Sydney’s most loved restaurants – China Doll, Lotus, XO PP, Golden Century and Ho Jiak have come together to bring an epic meal for two (additional servings can be added).
Price: $139 + Free Delivery
Available: 4th and 5th February ONLY
Available across NSW and ACT on 4 and 5 February the box includes;
- Pork, prawn, Japanese scallop and shiitake mushroom shu mai with Sichuan chilli oil (4 pieces) from China Doll
- Har mee Bomb (4 pieces) from Ho Jiak
- Jade prawn dumplings (4 pieces) from Lotus
- Pork and chive dumplings (4 pieces) from Lotus
- Prawn mini mantou, XO Mayonnaise & XO sauce (3 pieces) from XO PP
- Steamed BBQ pork buns (3 pieces) from XO PP
- Steamed prawn and chive green dumplings (3 pieces) from Golden Century
- Steamed golden coin – Prawn and pork meat dumplings (3 pieces) from Golden Century
If you want more than dumplings – Providoor also have plenty of Lunar New Year banquets from all our favourite Sydney restaurants. Banquets can be found here.
Image credit: Steven Woodburn