Australian Venue Co providing worldwide escapes without leaving the city.
Japan, Mexico, Italy, Bali, Palm Springs … destinations we can only dream of visiting right now. But with Australian Venue Co’s Staycations launching across seven venues in Melbourne, guests can escape for a while through internationally inspired food, drinks and experiences – no passport required.
A calendar of events and unique activations at some of Melbourne’s favourite bars, restaurants and pubs, Staycation is inspired by favourite holiday destinations. Staycation pop-ups are rolling out and will be live until late February 2021 at The Smith, The Duke of Wellington, Newmarket Hotel, The Provincial, Prince Alfred Hotel, Imperial South Yarra and Fargo & Co.
AVC’s Staycation Guide – Melbourne
Destination: Japan – Spring in Tokyo
Where: The Smith, Prahran and The Duke of Wellington, CBD
Dates: The Smith now, The Duke 1st Dec to March 2021
What’s on offer: Celebrating cherry blossom season in Japan – an Instagrammers dream! There’s a cherry blossom garden with lush florals and lanterns, Japanese-fusion bites and limited-edition sips with Roku Craft Gin cocktails.
The Smith featuring:
• Gospel Brunch, Sakura Spring Edition – a taste of Tokyo at this pop-up
boozy brunch series set in the lush cherry blossom garden, with roaming
soul singers. A menu of brunch bites with a delicious Japanese twist and
bottomless Roku Gin spritz, $60 per person. Every Saturday, 11am–1pm
and 2pm–4pm, from 5th December.
• Bottomless Karaage Chicken – choice of karaage chicken or mixed
vegetable tempura served with a suite of Japanese inspired sides and a
limited-edition Roku Craft Gin cocktail, $35 per person. Every Wednesday
• Sakura Sunday, Feed Me – a ‘feed me’ menu of fusion dishes inspired by
the flavours of Japan. From karaage fried chicken to sashimi and gyozas,
$59pp. From 12noon every Sunday from 6th December.
• The Smith Staycation details here
The Duke of Wellington featuring:
• Pub Cha – a taste of Tokyo with a yum cha-style menu of fusion dishes,
inspired by the flavours of Japan. Six items from the express menu for
$35pp or eight items for $50pp. For those who want to go all out there is
the Bottomless Drinks Package (selected wine, beer and Bellinis), two
hours for $35pp. Available Saturdays and Sundays from 5th December.
• Roku Gin cocktails – available only during Staycation, the pop-up menu
of Roku Craft Gin cocktails is perfect to enjoy beneath the lanterns and
cherry blossoms. Available from 12noon every day.
• The Duke Staycation details here
Websites:thesmithprahran.com.au and dukeofwellington.com.au
Destination: Mexico – Summer Fiesta
Where: Imperial South Yarra
Dates: 1st Dec to March 2021
What’s on offer: A slice of Mexico in the heart of a Mexican Summer Fiesta. Décor inspired by the bright streets of Mexico City, giant cactus, bottomless tacos, Mexican street food and a margarita menu. Featuring:
• Bottomless Taco Tuesday – 90 minutes of bottomless tacos, Mexican
street-style corn, tortilla chips & guac and fries, $35pp. Margarita jugs
available for $20. Available every Tuesday from 4pm.
• Frida’s Friday Fix – $5 tacos, $8 select stubbies and $10 margs every
• Bottomless Mexi-Brunch – brunch item of choice plus two hours of
Mexican mimosas, margarita spritz, sangria and house wine & beer,
$55pp. Available Saturdays and Sundays, 11am or 2pm.
Destination: Italy – Amalfi Coast
Where: The Provincial, Fitzroy and Prince Alfred Hotel, Richmond
Dates: 1st December to March 2021
What’s on offer: An Italian dream as The Provincial’s rooftop and Prince Alfred’s courtyard are transformed with citrus garden decor, festoon lighting and florals. A classic, fresh Italian menu, Aperitivo hour, share boards and gelato.
The Provincial featuring:
• Antipasto Board with 2 Quincy Seltzers – perfect for two sharing, $50.
Available every day.
• Aperitivo Hour – happy hour featuring Furphy, Spritz and Quincy Seltzers
and there’s free bar snacks for those who order one of the hero beverages.
Monday to Friday, 4.30pm–5.30pm.
• Bottomless Gelato Spritz & Grazing Item – the perfect mid-week summer
session, $60 per person. Wednesdays and Thursdays, 6pm–8pm.
• The Provincial details here
Prince Alfred Hotel featuring:
• Bottomless Seltzers & Pizza – the weekend is sorted with this bottomless
package of Seltzers and pizzas in the beer garden, $59pp. Every Saturday
and Sunday, 12–2pm.
• Aperitivo Hour – free bar snacks when one of the hero beverages is
• Graze Away – ideal for relaxing catch-ups, there are two packages:
Antipasto platter & 3 Quincy Seltzers, $60pp or Antipasto platter and
3 Aperol Spritz, $50pp. Available every day.
• Prince Alfred details here
Website: provincialhotel.com.au and princealfredhotel.com.au
Destination: Bali – Beach Club
Where: Newmarket Hotel, St Kilda
Dates: 1st December to March 2021
What’s on offer:Holiday dreaming? Guests can step into a tranquil oasis that will take them back to those fond memories they have of Australia’s favourite holiday destination. With bottomless satay and Bintangs aplenty, Newmarket will be the one-stop Bali shop. Featuring:
• $15 Bali Dish & Bintang – Mi Goreng or Nasi Goreng plus a Bintang for
$15. Available Mondays and Tuesdays
• Bottomless Satay – two hours of bottomless satays, need we say more?
$20pp, available Thursdays at 6pm and 8pm
• Bintang Buckets – Sunday sessions with $25 buckets of Bintang
Destination: Palm Springs – Coachella
Where: Fargo & Co, Richmond
Dates: 4th December to 28th February 2021
What’s on offer: Fargo-chella is coming for those who missed out on their music festival fix this year, transporting guests to this Palm Springs meets Coachella activation. Entry via a giant teepee will take guests onto the Coachella meets Palm Springs inspired rooftop. Festival tunes will set the mood while guests dine on festival finger food and fresh, fruity cocktails in the pink palm decor. Featuring:
• Bottomless Brunch – cocktail on arrival, two hours of bottomless
prosecco, mimosas and schooners of house beer, plus a brunch item of
choice from the ‘chella-themed menu, $65 per person. Available Saturdays
and Sundays from 11am.
• Fargo-Chella Feed Me – ideal for a hang-out with friends, there’s a cocktail
on arrival plus six snacks from the Fargo-chella snacking menu, $35pp.
Available Wednesdays and Thursdays from 4pm.
• Details here
“With many Australians missing out on overseas holidays this year, and Melburnians undeniably having it tougher than anyone, we’re bringing the summer holiday vibes to some of our venues in the city,” says Kylie Moncur, AVC Chief Marketing Officer.
“Our specially curated series of pop-up events will transport those in Melbourne to dream destinations Japan, Italy, Mexico, Bali and Palm Springs, without worrying about restrictions or the expensive airfare.”
Keeping it local never looked so good with Australian Venue Co’s Staycations.
For details of each pop-up visit https://www.ausvenueco.com.au/summer-staycation/